Monday, August 16, 2010

Just the tip of the iceberg

I am itching for a new challenge. I’d like a job that will give me a bit more satisfaction than my current position (I hear you say, “Wouldn’t we all?”). I want to do something that uses my skills to help, in terms of preserving and documenting significant collections.


There are a number of factors that make my current position feel less than satisfying. It seems that since coming back from Tonga I’m not so interested in taking a lot of this shit seriously. I disagree with the basic interpretive approaches that are being realised where I’m working. I’m struggling with having to conform to a uniformity that I feel not only dumbs down the whole exhibition, but renders it BORING.


I don’t know if I can even post this stuff on the internet anymore! Seems like everything I’m thinking about and wanting to vent about these days might be read by someone who shouldn’t see it, so I’m just self-censoring.


Maybe I should just write more about roller derby.

No comments: